Top-Rated Charlotte, NC Plastic Surgery
The mommy makeover is very popular at our Charlotte, NC, practice. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Adam Augenstein specializes in this combination of procedures that helps a woman to restore—or improve upon—her pre-baby body.
Are You a Candidate?
Motherhood brings with it many joys, but also many changes. These changes are often reflected in a woman’s body in the form of stretch marks, extra weight, and excess skin.
A mommy makeover is most beneficial for moms who want to minimize or correct the changes to their bodies after having children. Mommy makeovers typically address the breasts and tummy, but can include any combination of surgical or nonsurgical procedures, such as facial rejuvenation or labiaplasty.
Women who can benefit from a mommy makeover include those who:
- Want to return to their pre-baby shape
- Are unable to get the results they want with diet and exercise
- Are bothered by extra fat, sagging skin, or deflated breasts
How You’ll Benefit
A mommy makeover allows you to combine 2 or more surgeries at one time. This has several benefits, including consolidating multiple procedures into a single surgery and recovery period, reducing your exposure to anesthesia, and achieving more dramatic results quicker. It can also be financially beneficial, since you’ll only pay fees such as anesthesia and facility fees once.
A Personalized Experience
Dr. Augenstein will listen to your goals for surgery and help you decide which procedures will be most beneficial. Typically, his mommy makeover patients benefit from a combination of the following:
- Breast augmentation: Dr. Augenstein may recommend breast augmentation if your breasts have lost volume or shape. This is very common in women who breastfed.
- Breast lift: A breast lift will improve the look of sagging breasts and restore your breasts to a more upright position. It can also be combined with an augmentation for women who need both enhanced shape and volume.
- Tummy tuck: Tummy tuck surgery can slim your waist and restore firmness and muscle tone to your abdominal wall, which is often compromised by pregnancy. Women whose pregnancy resulted in diastasis recti, or separation of the abdominal muscles, are often good candidates for a tummy tuck.
- Liposuction: Liposuction can remove stubborn areas of fat that don’t improve with diet or exercise. Liposuction is often combined with a tummy tuck for enhanced results.
Mommy Makeover Recovery
Because mommy makeovers include multiple surgeries, the recovery time can vary greatly depending on the number and type of procedures you have. He will give you more detailed recovery information after you’ve determined your surgical plan. Usually, Dr. Augenstein’s mommy makeover patients are back to their normal routines in about 4 to 6 weeks.
If you have small children, you may want to arrange for childcare during the first 1 to 2 weeks. You will be unable to walk fully upright for a few days, and you shouldn’t be doing any lifting for several weeks. Since mommy makeovers involve multiple surgeries, you’ll need to take it easy and let your body have time to heal.
How much does it cost?
The cost of your Mommy makeover surgery will depend on the procedures you choose. According to RealSelf.com, it’s not unusual for a Mommy makeover in Charlotte to cost anywhere from $7,750 – $20,000.
Can I get this surgery if I haven’t had children?
Yes. Although it’s often chosen by women who have had children, a mommy makeover is not exclusively for moms. If you are interested in more than 1 procedure, talk with Dr. Augenstein and he can customize a treatment plan that works for you.
When Is The Best Time To Get A Mommy Makeover?
Dr. Augenstein advises his patients to wait until they are done having children before having mommy makeover surgery. That’s because additional pregnancies can affect your results. He also encourages you to be at a healthy, stable weight before your mommy makeover to ensure the best results.
A mommy makeover can help reverse the effects of pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding to enhance your look as well as your confidence. Request a consultation online, or call our office to schedule your appointment.
From Our Clients
“Adam C. Augenstein, MD is down to earth, very modest, and personable. He is extremely attentive to details and has the utmost consideration when operating and caring for all his patients so all experience the highest-level care and safety.”
“Phenomenal facility, staff, and Adam C. Augenstein, MD was amazing! He listened to my concerns and created the game plan for treatment. He made me feel as though my concerns mattered and he wasn’t trying to just sell me on more surgery.”
“I love my plastic surgeon! Adam C. Augenstein, MD is top notch! I am so happy with my legs, even with the swelling! I went in on February 9, 2016, after a year of back and forth wondering if I should or not, but I finally did it and I am thrilled!”