Who Is a Good Candidate for Breast Augmentation?
Is breast augmentation right for you? To make the right decision, first determine whether you meet the following criteria:
- You are not pregnant
- You are not breastfeeding
- You are in good physical health
- You have fully developed breasts
- You have asymmetrical breasts
- Either one or both of your breasts have not developed properly
- Either one or both of your breasts have an elongated shape
- You have been pregnant and are unhappy with the way your breasts look after pregnancy
- You have lost weight and are unhappy with the way your breasts look due to weight loss
- You are older and are unhappy with the way your breasts look due to aging
- You are unhappy with the appearance of your breasts because you feel they are too small
Some other things that make a good breast augmentation candidate:
Plastic surgeons emphasize physical health because all surgeries, including breast augmentation, carry risks. Ideally, you should not have a serious illness, untreated cancer or any active infections to limit the risks of the surgery.
Most women who choose breast augmentation are happy with their decision – but it needs to be a decision you make in a healthy state of mind. The procedure will change your appearance permanently, which is something you need to be sure you want before moving forward.
Meeting Age Requirements
The FDA requires that you be 18 years of age to get saline implants and 22 years of age to get silicone implants.
Learn if you are a good candidate for breast augmentation plastic surgery in Charlotte by booking a consultation with Dr. Augenstein today.