Cosmetic plastic surgery continues to grow in popularity in the United States. Better education about the procedures and social acceptance account for much of the increase. Interestingly, even though the number of surgeries has increased steadily, the kinds of procedures tend to remain the same. Advances in technological innovation will sometimes result in one type of operation supplanting another (think fillers as opposed to facelifts), but most things that were always popular remain so.
Top 5 Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Tummy tuck: A cornerstone of the “mommy makeover,” tummy tucks are also popular among people who have lost a considerable amount of weight
- Breast augmentation: Never goes out of style. Especially in the U.S., an ample bust is a desirable trait. More recently, a trend for male breast reduction has gained momentum.
- Liposuction: Continues to be a strong third to breast augmentation. When combined with realistic lifestyle modifications, liposuction can drastically alter the shape and tone of the body.
- Facelifts: Many people remain concerned that their face looks different than it did when they were younger and they’d like to get back to the youthful look they once had. During the facelift procedure, the muscles are tightened beneath the skin, the skin itself is tightened, and excess fat is removed–revealing a younger and fresher-looking you.
- Eyelid surgery: With aging, drooping eyelids become a real problem for many people. This procedure is sometimes a point of interest when it comes to determining whether or not it is “medically necessary.” Often some evaluations must be done to get approved by insurance providers.
Close behind our top 5: