[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Choosing breast implants is one of the biggest decisions when planning your breast augmentation. At my plastic surgery center in Charlotte, NC, I tell my patients that this is about more than just picking a cup size; it’s a process and your goals and expectations may evolve. Here are some tips to make your decision a little easier.
- Keep your lifestyle in mind. The size of your implants needs to fit your lifestyle. If you often do high-intensity workouts, long-distance running, or certain sports, you may want to steer clear of very large implants. Also, what type of clothing do you like to wear? Do you need more dramatic cleavage to fill out the tops and dresses you prefer? Or do you like to go bra-less? Do you want people to notice your newly enhanced breasts, or do you want to keep them under the radar? These are all important lifestyle considerations that should factor into your implant sizing decision.
- Consider shape and position along with size. Many women who undergo breast augmentation also need a breast lift to correct sagging, deflated breasts. This is often the case for women who’ve breastfed one or more children. When a surgeon removes excess, sagging skin and tissue during a breast lift, the result is uplifted, perky breasts that may be slightly smaller due to the tissue removal. You may want implants that simply re-create the look of your pre-baby breasts, or you may want to increase volume more dramatically. In either case, be sure that you wait at least 3 to 6 months after weaning your last child before undergoing breast enhancement so that your breast size has stabilized.
- Bring a friend to your consultation. It’s always nice to have a second opinion from someone you trust. Bring along a good friend or loved one to your consultation to get a different perspective on your implant decision. But remember, it’s your body, so it’s ultimately your decision.
- Consider the long-term. While breast implants—like most medical devices—are not designed to last a lifetime, you are going to have these implants for a long time. It’s important to take into consideration how they will impact your life over many years. Will you be happy 5 years from now with the look you’re choosing today? Try to choose implants that will make you happy now and in future phases of your life.
- Listen to the advice of your board-certified plastic surgeon. It is important to take your surgeon’s guidance to heart. He or she wants what is in your best interest and will be able to give you a recommendation that is based on their education and years of experience. There is no “perfect” size. Rather, there is a range of sizes that will work well.
Check out our photo gallery to get a good idea of your potential. If you want to discuss your options or are ready to take the next steps, request a consultation online or give our office a call.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
[/vc_column_text][trx_sc_button type=”simple” size=”normal” link=”/resources/reviews/” title=”Read More Reviews From The Web” subtitle=”Read Dr. A’s Google Reviews” align=”center” text_align=”none” back_image=”” icon_type=”fontawesome” icon_fontawesome=”” image=”11106″ icon_position=”top” id=”” class=”” css=””][/vc_column][/vc_row]
Submit your review
A life enhancing experience and transformation into being the most comfortable I've ever been in my own skin!
I wasn't unhappy with my body pre surgery, I stay fit and eat healthy. My body fat stays very low and with that, came very small breasts. I wanted natural looking results and that's exactly what I received. Dr. Augenstein streamlined his focus on my individual and unique expectations. He helped me achieve my ideal body image. I feel comfortable and confident with the level of knowledge his staff possesses. The facility is brand new with state of the art equipment. I will do business with Dr Augentein in the future.